Cardingmill Bay Moorings Owners Association manage and administer moorings in the stretch of water off Dungallan Parks. New visitors moorings were installed in summer 2008 in an area previously used for anchoring.
This area is close to the site of a long-established former small landing stage, by then in a state of disrepair and not viable.
CBMOA developed a project to re-instate and install a landing stage for use by local boat owners and sailing visitors.
A donated landing bridge was remodelled, welded, repainted and planked.
New steel support legs were fabricated for the access walkway with other parts made from reclaimed donated steel.
3 new pontoon sections were installed by North West Marine, and the landing bridge test positioned in December 2008.
April 2009 - all fixtures and signage completed, the landing bridge finally repositioned and the landing stage ready for the season.
CBMOA - in conjunction with Oban Bay Community Berthing Ltd - thank all those who gave gave time and effort towards this project
and thank all who donated materials and facilities:
- NORTHWEST MARINE LTD who gave time and effort for this installation
- BSW FORT WILLIAM who donated timber
- ARDFERN YACHT CENTRE who donated the access bridge
- BORRO BOATS who donated steel for the approach walkway
- TOBERMORY LEISURE who gave material assistance
- DONALD HARPER who donated concrete blocks
- OBAN SAILING CLUB who donated use of facilities
With Funding From:
THE CROWN ESTATE MARINE COMMUNITIES FUND
ARGYLL AND BUTE COUNCIL LEISURE DEVELOPMENT FUND